Saturday, February 3, 2007

Fleeting Distraction

This is turning out to be an unexpected weekend.

I came here, not expecting to be bored to death; and I was. I found myself on the brink of sleeping sometimes. Fifty strangers in the room trying to find some learning out of all of this.

I scanned the room for something to amuse me. And there she was. She's cute. Chinky-but not so chinky eyed if you know what I mean. Her skin was glowing...nagpapaderma ba siya?

Okay some girls wear make-up to add to the glow. But this girl wasn't wearing much make-up and her skin was really glowing. I guess she's one of the more fortunate ones.

So i found myself focusing on her and not listening to the speaker. The more I look, the more she becomes cuter.

Then she looks back at me. I looked away. Nakakahiya. Nabisto pa that i was checkin her out.

I tried to listen to the speaker again. He's just so boring. So I looked at her again. She caught me...again.

This time, I did not look away. I kept looking. And she kept looking back. I smile. She smiles.

We do this for hours. The thrill is killing me.

Finally the talks are over.

We finally get to shake hands and talk. She makes green look good. And she looks better up close.

But as we talk and talk something was revealed to me. Much to my frustration. There was nothing much there.

Nothing much in common to talk about. Nothing much to say because she seems to have very little opinion about things.

Sayang.

4 comments:

Nikkita said...

sayang!!!kilig pa naman ako sa start.

GOMZ said...

Yeah. Sayang.

What I don't get is this. She knows she's cute, I think. So she drums up her pa-cute when we were talking. She was trying to hard to look more pretty. I don't quite know how to explain it.

In the first place, maganda na siya, lalo pang nagpapaganda. I don't get it. Di naman na kailangan coz the very reason why I was checkin her out was because she was cute. Kaya nga I was checkin her out for about six hours or so.

The initial hook was already there. I was looking for something more. Like what's the next step?

Nikkita said...

hay,naku gomz!i believe she got so conscious with the way she looks when u were already infront of her because she doesn't want you to take ur eyes away from her.instead of enjoying the conversation,she's too focused to make pa-cute.she should have sprinkled pixie dusts and let magic work.

sayang naman,walang spark.

Unknown said...

awww... sayang nga... seems like a good start pa naman... tsk tsk tsk...