Sunday, July 29, 2007

Another Showbiz Entry

I just finished overhearing the interview with Ms. Galvante of GMA-7 regarding the rumored plans of Angel Locsin to transfer to ABS-CBN.

I'm not sure if it's a good move on the actress' part, I really don't care much. But I remember Angel Locsin was just a "secondary character" in the teen drama Click. She didn't really get much notice, but I had already noticed that she's quite pretty and quite sexy.



The first time people focused on her was when she was doing Mulawin, and her boyfriend Miko Sotto accidentally died. Since then, her career went on an upturn. She practically ruled primetime TV for GMA.

I must say I can't blame people for thinking her ungrateful for leaving GMA without giving her former studio the benefit of "right to first refusal."

Angel's camp outlined several reasons why they decided to leave GMA's camp. Some of the reasons were more of a Angel-said-GMA-said thing so we really don't know what to believe. But there's one thing that struck me. That Angel's manager complained that Richard Guttierez was getting much more than Angel.



Ms. Galvante's reason was that Richard was doing much more projects: Bubble Gang and SOP. She even commented: "But Angel doesn't sing or dance...she doesn't want to."

That's when I got irritated because I know Richard doesn't sing nor dance.

What's intriguing for me is that this wasn't the first time I heard news that some of GMA's big guns are paid much, much lower than Richard Guttierez. For instance, I read in some magazine last year that Dennis Trillo gets only 1/4 of Richard's talent fee. Of course the issue died, perhaps GMA resolved the issue offline.

But they really should look into the compensation schemes of their big guns. Richard Guttierez is one of the driest actors I've ever seen. From what I heard, Angel's Darna rated better than Richard's Sugo.And he can't sing nor dance either. I know Anabel Rama is scary...but losing the ratings to ABS is much scarier.

1 comment:

Nikkita said...

when jolina xferred to gma,it wasn't like this.gma is afraid that they will lose the ratings game.