Sunday, March 11, 2007

What? No Eye Candy?

So the good singers on American Idol 6 are still in the running. But must all the female contenders be so unattractive?

You can judge me however which way you want but you can check out the contestants yourselves.





I know the purpose of American Idol is to find the best singers, but sometimes, it's not necessarily the best singers who sell. He/she has got to be the total package. Look at what happened to Fantasia. And of course, Taylor.

Fortunately for the girls, there are still some okay guys like Beatbox Boy and the Justin Timberlake look alike. But I just wished they had a Carrie Underwood or Katherine McPhee who can match the look with an acceptable voice.

Antonella "her hotness" Barba, has got the look, but she just couldn't sing. And Alaina"her cuteness" Alexander has that Sarah Michelle look and might have had the voice but no Ex Factor.



While it's nice to watch a show with people with beautiful voices singing, it would be nice to have it visually appealing as well. So who do I root now? Maybe the one that looks like Ugly Betty. She's got a good vocal range, she's young, she's different from the past winners: Kelly, Carrie and Katherine because she's somewhat Latina. Maybe I'll root for her, among the girls. I still like the beatbox guy though.

Meanwhile, I feel for Antonella. Sure she's not the purest Jersey girl, but I don't think she knew that these controversies would come her way. She's not even 21 yet. Anyway, here's what she's got to say about those naughty pictures that came out.



How hard was it to deal with all the controversy that was going on around you when you were on the show?

It was definitely difficult and it wasn’t how I intended things to go, but I tried to block it out as much as possible and stay focused on the competition. All that other stuff was completely irrelevant to the fact that I’m here to sing.


Visibility is important – does part of you feel that there’s no such thing as bad publicity?

Yes, it’s true that my name is more well-known because of it, but I’m not known for the things that I would like to be known for right now. I wanted to make a name for myself in singing. The pictures that have been released of me – the ones that actually are me – they were very personal and that is not how I intended to portray myself. I’d rather promote myself in a more classy way. And, again, that was private – that was not for the public eye.


Were you approached to pose in Playboy?

I heard about it but I was never approached.


Would you do it?

No. Right now I want to look at all the offers I get and sort out what’s best for me right now. I’m definitely not opposed to acting or modeling or something. I would definitely do pop music, but I would add my style to it – you know, a little R&B-ish pop music, maybe bluesy, jazzy.

4 comments:

Procops said...

are u kidding me? lakisha is d hotness!! -- she one sexy biatch!!!!! bwahahahahahahahahahahahha!! jok jok

Althea said...

The girls got prettier na!

GOMZ said...

what do you mean? Antonella got prettier? Or that the girls left have started wearing make up so they look prettier.

Yeah the Hailey one looks cute. And even Jordan Sparks has sparkled.

But I'm impressed with the guys this year.

Althea said...

They got prettier, with the help of stylists! :) Even the rocker chick doesn't look so macho anymore.

I'm rooting for the beatbox guy. And the Timberlake look-alike.